Fab At 50: The Ultimate Semicentennial Bucket List
Fifty is as good a time as any to take stock of what you’ve done and accomplished in your life, and figure out what more you’d like to do with your time now that you’re both older and (maybe a little) wiser. Hence the bucket list: a list of things one would like to do before they die. Bucket lists can be a great way of focusing on what you really want out of life and motivating yourself to go after it.
Children, marriage, lack of money, poor health and quite simply not enough time can all mean that your dreams end up on the backburner, but writing those goals down can help them become a priority among all those other things you have to get done. If you’re looking to add some items to your bucket list, you are in luck! We’ve created a list of things we think you should do at least once in your lifetime:
1. Start a business.
2. Have a Karaoke Sing-off Competition with family or friends in public.
3. Take a mountain trail road trip with family or friends.
4. Learn a new language.
5. Invest in the stock market.
6. Write hand-written notes to those who have impacted your life in the most positive and impactful ways.
7. Build something yourself or design it then have it made or constructed.
8. Help fix a social or cultural issue that has always bothered you through volunteering.
9. Buy the car you’ve always wanted — or at least test drive it.
10. Become somewhat of an expert in something you’ve always found interesting.
11. Invest in or increase your life insurance plan.
12. Go ziplining.
13. Take a job that feels a bit outside your comfort zone.
14. Conquer one of your biggest fears.
15. Buy a property.
16. Visit one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
17. Take flying lessons.
18. Become a mentor.
19. Go skydiving.
20. Create a scrapbook for your children or grandchildren.
21. Learn how to draw or paint
22. Master public speaking.
23. Repair something all by yourself.
24. Have an honest-to-goodness adventure.
25. Go on a trip by yourself.
26. Live abroad and no, we’re not talking about a week-long vacation.
27. Get really good at a bar game.
28. Read that classic you’ve faked having read for years.
29. Throw a party that has people talking for weeks.
30. Go camping.
31. Write a book.
32. Teach someone how to do something you’re really good at doing.
33. Vacation in a place without internet for at least a week.
34. If single, go on a blind date.
35. Learn a new skill.
36. Revisit the past by researching your family history or finding an old friend.
37. Own something that makes you feel like a millionaire.
38. Travel for a concert.
39. Study for a new degree.
40. Learn how to scuba dive.
41. Get a custom-made couture suit or gown.
42. Make an elaborate and wildly impressive meal for special guests.
43. Cultivate a green thumb and create a home garden or mini-farm.
44. Participate in a movement you believe in.
45. Create a family tree.
46. Write a journal of your memories.
47. Do a sponsored walk or run.
48. Coach a youth sport.
49. Buy an extravagant piece of jewelry or art to pass down as a family heirloom to your children.
50. Visit every single continent.
A bucket list is the perfect way to ensure that you get to do all those things that you have always wanted to do. It is a good distraction from the rigours of life that we easily get lost in and controlled by. So, what are you waiting for? Let's get to it!
Andre' W. Reid
Andre Wayne Enterprise (A.W.E.)