Exercising with your Toddler
Let’s get fit!
1. Squat Swing — stand shoulder width apart, toes pointed forward and hold your toddler firmly under his/her arms. Swing your toddler in the air and on the return, squat down still holding your toddler. Perform 20-30 reps. 2-3 sets. This is a Full body workout.
2. On-the-shoulder Walking Lunge — Stand with your back straight with your toddler sitting on your neck, holding his/her arms or thighs to maintain balance. Choose a clear path to perform walking lunges with the extra weight of your toddler. Try to get at least 20 reps. 2-3 sets. This is a lower body exercise which works every major muscle in your legs including your Glutes, Hamstrings and Quadriceps.
3. Sit-ups With Toddler Raise — Hold your toddler steadily above you, arms bent. Perform a sit up with him/her firmly your hands, lift your toddler in the air when you’ve raised up, arms straight. Perform 20 reps. 2-3 sets. This works your abs and your arms.
4. Toddler Planks — Plank with your toddler sitting or lying on your back. Start with holding the plank for 20-30 seconds and work your way up to 1 minute. Let your toddler
help you count the seconds! Planks are a full body exercise and help improve flexibility.
5. Toddler Wall Sit — Lean against a wall and “sit” on an invisible chair. Put your toddler to sit on your lap facing you and begin holding for 30 seconds and work your way to a minute. Sing with your toddler to help pass the time :) The Wall Sit works your glutes, calves and quadriceps.