Message from President and CEO Christopher Zacca (COVID-19)
Dear Valued Clients,
Sagicor Group Jamaica is cognizant of the growing concerns surrounding the confirmed imported cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Jamaica and the general global impact. As a Group we remain committed to the health and wellness of our stakeholders, and in this regard, we are closely monitoring the situation and have taken several measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our clients, team members, their families and the wider public.
Sagicor has implemented a multidimensional approach to minimize risk and ensure safety; these include:
- The establishment of a COVID-19 Internal Taskforce that has been meeting with experts in the medical field to ascertain best practices and modes of response to any imminent threat of the virus.
- Ongoing information sharing and dissemination of health and safety tips to team members and to the wider public via our social and digital channels as well as the placement of healthcare tips on all floors and lobbies of Sagicor Operations.
- Increasing the sanitization of all entryways and elevator panels on all floors throughout the day
- Placement of automatic, touchless hand sanitizer dispensers in all branches.
- Restricting all non-essential travel for team members.
We encourage all our stakeholders to remain calm as the nation navigates this new paradigm. I believe that together, we can safeguard our loved ones and ensure that the most vulnerable in our society are protected against infection. We encourage you to exercise caution in going about your business and ensure you practice preventative measures, including but not limited to:
- Washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or where washing your hands is not possible use an alcohol-based sanitizer, with at least 60% alcohol to cleanse hands frequently.
- When coughing or sneezing do so into a tissue, or your elbow if no tissue is available. The tissue should then immediately be disposed of in a bin.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean the common surfaces you touch such as phones and laptops frequently.
- Avoid contact with persons who are sick.
- Do not self-medicate; if you are feeling ill, visit or call your doctor and follow their instructions.
For more tips on how to protect against the coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit our website www.sagicor.com or follow our social media pages.
Additionally, we are encouraging all our clients to make use of all our electronic service portals wherever possible.
Take very good care of yourselves and your loved ones. We are here for you.
President & CEO, Sagicor Group Jamaica