Sagicor Investments Trinidad & Tobago Ltd (SITTL), is the investment arm of Sagicor Life Inc Trinidad and Tobago. The full-service investment company specializes in US$ and TT$ Investments, Securities Trading, Investment and Portfolio Management and Commercial /Corporate Financing.
Sagicor Investments Trinidad & Tobago Limited, as a registered broker dealer provides the following products and services in both US$ and TT$;
• Repurchase Agreements (REPOs)
• Mutual Funds
• Securities Trading (Local and International)
o Fixed Income
o Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
o Structured Products
• Investment and Portfolio Management
• Custody/Safe Keeping Services
• Commercial/Corporate Financing
It’s easy to get started. Firstly, you will be required to open a Sagicor Investment Management Account (SIMA) by either:
• Visiting us online at Sagicor.com/TTInvestments
• Calling our contact centre 800-SAGE to speak with a Client Advisor
• Speaking with your Sagicor Advisor
Sagicor Investment Management Account (SIMA) combines securities trading, money market and custody accounts to give you a complete investment portfolio. This account allows you to invest in securities such as; Stocks, Bonds, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), Repurchase Agreements (REPOs) and Mutual funds.
A Sagicor Investment Management Account (SIMA) is ideal for individuals or corporates seeking higher yields than traditional bank deposits with the assistance of experienced investment professionals at Sagicor Investments.
• It facilitates all investment transactions
• Allows you to view all your investments online
• It includes Performance reports and transaction history
• Online Banking - Funding can be made from any bank electronically to the Sagicor Investments Trinidad and Tobago Limited bank account at Scotiabank. Scotiabank customers can benefit from same day bank transfers and no transfer fees.
• SurePay- Clients can fund their SIMA account by using cash or their debit card at SurePay locations nationwide.
• Sagicor Life Customer Service- Clients can fund their SIMA account with cash/cheque/debit cards by visiting any of our Sagicor Life Customer Service locations.
The minimum required to open a SIMA account is TT$100
Your Client Advisor knows you and your account better than anyone, so consider him or her as your first resource for account questions. Or, contact our Call Center at 800-SAGE. The hours are 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET Monday – Friday.
Any individual 18 or over, who is a legal TT resident may open an account with SITTL.
Fees vary by product, speak to your Client Advisor to confirm any associated fees.
A mutual fund is a type of investment vehicle that allows you to pool your money with funds collected from other investors to invest in securities like stocks, bonds, money market instruments, and other assets. Mutual funds are managed by wealth managers, who allocate the fund's assets and attempt to produce capital gains or income for the fund's investors.
Repurchase agreements are similar to Certificate of Deposits in that they pay a fixed rate based on a fixed investment period. The principal is secured by the underlying government or corporate security. With a Repo, your funds are invested at an agreed upon rate for a fixed period of time with a specified maturity date. At maturity, full payment of the initial investment plus the interest is available to you. Sagicor Investment offers repos in the following currencies:
• Trinidad and Tobago dollar
• United States dollar
We offer investors the opportunity of trading on both the local and international recognized exchanges and to invest to add diversity to their portfolio. Sagicor Investments trades both local and international securities:
• Stocks & Exchange traded funds (ETFs)
• Fixed Income securities: government and corporate bonds, commercial paper and other classes of securities.
Sagicor Investments provides money management services inclusive of discretionary investment services by a knowledgeable, experienced and professional team. Our portfolio planning and advisory services allow you to obtain the optimal asset mix by spreading your investments across multiple asset classes, while allowing you money to work for you.
Sagicor Investments offer a complete range of custody and securities safekeeping services for both businesses and individuals. Clients can house their securities with us through two options:
• Custody Arrangement – Securities are held in our name on behalf of the client
• Safekeeping Arrangement – Securities are purchased/transferred in the name of the client but held by Sagicor Investments.
Sagicor Investments provides Corporate Advisory services that help companies raise capital. We provide product expertise to appropriately structure & price corporate financial transactions, raising capital for our clients and ensuring timely distribution of these transactions to investors.
Structured products are an ideal way to diversify your portfolio. They are designed by using traditional securities to create non-traditional investments. There are three types of structured products:
• Fixed Term offers fixed maturities, or expiration dates, at which they are redeemed
• Capital Protection offers full or partial capital protection
• Formula-based Returns are customized to suit a particular market outlook or the views of an individual investor