Prime Chequing is an interest-bearing chequing account designed to provide you with similar benefits as a savings account, plus the flexibility of having a chequing account for one flat monthly fee. As an additional benefit, you can access a Line of Credit with this account.
A Prime Chequing account is not only for the adult saver, but it is a great way to kick-start healthy savings habits in children. The adult, who will be the primary account holder, will be able to make withdrawals from the ac¬count on behalf of the child.
With a Prime Chequing account, you will experience the convenience and benefit of having one account for your chequing needs.
- Pays interest that is calculated daily and credited monthly
- Online Banking access
- Line of Credit available*
- Standing instructions, sweep facilities and direct deposit are available
- Electronic statements will be issued quarterly for this account
*Subject to approval.
There is a minimum opening balance of JMD 5000 and USD 100.
Available in the following currencies:
Available ABM cash limit of JMD 50,000 JMD and a point-of-sale transaction limit of JMD 100,000.
Monthly service charge of $1000.00
Welcome to Sagicor Bank!
Having all the required documents will save time. Here is a list of documents you can choose from:
One valid photo identification required:
- National ID Card with photo
- Driver's License (photograph/signature)
- Employee ID (photograph/signature)with letter from employer
- Citizenship Card or Senior Citizen ID with Birth Certificate
- TRN Card or Driver’s Licence (or the equivalent e.g. SSN, SIN, etc.)
Two character references required:
- Employer for at least the last 3 months (signed by CEO of Company, Manager or equivalent)
- Army officer (Major or above)
- Attorney at Law
- Clerk of Court
- Consular Officer (High Commissioner/Ambassador)
- Current Sagicor Client (2 years and in good standing)
- Financial Institution (Manager or above)
- Judge (Resident Magistrate or above)
- Marriage Officer/Civil Registrar
- Justice of the Peace/Notary Public
- Police Officer (Deputy Superintendent or above)
- Confirmed Sagicor Staff Members
- Member of Parliament
- Sagicor Providers (Doctors & Owners of Pharmacies)
- Principal of school registered with the Ministry of Education
Any of the following:
- Utility Bill (no more than 3 months old)
- Current Statement from Financial Institution
- Voter's Card
- Letter/Declaration from Justice of the Peace Lease or Rental Agreement
- College Admission letter when in dorms
Proof of source of funds/income:
- The Jamaican regulation requires proof of source of funds.