Easter Message from President and CEO Christopher Zacca
Dear Valued Clients,
A very Happy Easter to you and your loved ones. As our beloved country, Jamaica, and the rest of the world, continues to navigate the challenges of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), I wanted to reassure you of Sagicor Group Jamaica’s commitment. We will remain your trusted financial partner, and we will continue to do all we can to help you get through this difficult period.
While we anticipate that the weeks and months ahead will bring with it varying degrees of challenges and heightened uncertainties, as the country continues to combat this pandemic, we assure you that our various lines of businesses remain strong and agile and have implemented several measures to continue to serve you and provide the best client experience possible. We also have tailored several initiatives to respond to your unique needs.
Our respective business lines have implemented the below measures in an effort to help alleviate some of the challenges you may face during this time; we also continue to adhere to the precautionary sanitation and social distancing protocol, as stipulated by the Ministry of Health and Wellness, in all our locations to help mitigate the spread of the virus.
· Health insurance clients on maintenance drugs for chronic illnesses can get up to 90 days’ supply of drugs – this is an increase up from 30 days.
· Life insurance clients are encouraged to use client web to view insurance information, make payments and receive payouts electronically
· Persons can purchase life insurance online using e-Life
· Grace period for coupon policies has been increased to 120 days and for universal policies, the grace period has been increased to 85 days
· Social distancing floor markers have been installed in customer service areas to maintain the appropriate space in between clients
· Insurance brokers and HR administrators of group health clients can now submit health insurance claims electronically via [email protected]
· Providers of medical services can now submit claims electronically by emailing [email protected]
· Now allowing Human Resource Administrator to submit member enrollment, requests and changes via email to [email protected]
· Amended operational hours – Mondays to Fridays – 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
· Two teller stations have been designated for our senior citizens at every branch
· Special Assistance for affected clients, will be assessed on a case by case basis. For more information email [email protected]
· Social distancing floor markers have been installed in all branches to maintain appropriate space in between clients
· Clients are encouraged to utilize the e-bank platform to conduct transactions or send an email to [email protected] for assistance
· Regular sanitation for our ABMs and branches
· Amended operational hours – Mondays to Fridays – 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
· Reduced online trading fee to 0.5%
· Amended operating hours – Mondays to Fridays – 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
· Scheduled appointments for in-branch visits with Wealth Advisors
· Clients are encouraged to conduct their transactions online or reach out directly to their Wealth advisor or send an email to the below:
o [email protected] For Kingston Metropolitan Area clients
o [email protected] For Montego Bay and Savannah La Mar clients
o [email protected] For Mandeville, May Pen and Black River Clients
o [email protected] For Ocho Rios Clients
Employee Benefits Administrator Limited (Pensions):
· To support of our pensioners in this challenging period, pension payments were made early in March. We will continue to pay pensions early for the next 2 months and commit to assessing thereafter the necessity for continued early payments.
· Implemented online procedures which will enable pension plan members to request their benefits electronically and have 100% of benefit payments sent straight to their bank accountsWe have also implemented a fully electronic process for regulatory reporting on behalf of our clients
· All trustees and stake-holders’ meetings have been moved to online
· We remain in close contact with our clients, providing solid advice to assist them in navigating through the impact of this period, on their businesses and their pension plans
In addition to the above business measures, Sagicor, as a responsible corporate social citizen, has provided support in various areas to the COVID-19 response on a national level – the company made a contribution of $20 million towards the purchase of ventilators, which will help to provide critical care for those who may need it; a donation of $5 million was also made to the online educational platform Edufocal, which will help some 30,000 primary school students to access PEP study materials. Several handwash stations have also been donated to the Kingston and St. Andrew Municipal Corporation for distribution to the various public markets in the municipal to aid with sanitation efforts for the vendors and shoppers in the markets. We have also committed $2.5 million to Citizens Response Jamaica which has been doing tremendous work at the local level in the development of life saving medical equipment. It is our duty to continue to look for ways to lend assistance during this time and we will do so.
The Group also continues to engage with its clients via its digital and social media platforms by providing various tips on how persons can protect themselves and their loved ones from contracting the virus.
We urge you to continue to be vigilant and take the necessary precautions as outlined by the Ministry of Health and Wellness and the World Health Organisation to protect yourself, your family and the wider community. It is vitally important that you follow precisely, all regulations stipulated by the Government of Jamaica.
The Sagicor family stands with you and will always be there with you, at every stage and phase in your life.
We will get through this together. Stay safe and don’t give up hope.
Please feel free to continue to reach out to us via the following channels:
· Our Client Care Center at 888-SAGICOR (724-4267)
· Via email at [email protected]
· Live chat via our website at www.sagicor.com
For more information about Sagicor, click the link below:
President and CEO
Sagicor Group Jamaica