Sagicor’s Make a Splash Art Competition
Home is where the heART is!
Calling all local artists! Enter our Make A Splash-Art Competition for a chance to bring your work to life and beautify a space in your country.
Plus, a chance to WIN Cash, Branded Gifts, and qualify for a 10% Sagicor General Insurance Friends & Family discount.
How to Enter
- You must submit your entry through WeTransfer by 5:00 PM EST on September 30th, 2021. By submitting an entry, you signify that you have read and accepted the Terms and Conditions of this competition which are set out below under the heading “Terms and Conditions”.
- Submissions must be sent via WeTransfer to [email protected]
- Contestants can enter one piece of artwork under each theme.
- Artwork images should be between 1MB and 15MB in size and in a PNG or JPG format. Each image must be professionally presented and in high resolution for the judges. (No Glare, No Frames, No Background).
- Acceptable mediums include: Pencil, Pen, Ink, Charcoal, Pastel, Acrylic, Watercolor, Oil Paints or any other mediums. If you have any questions about the medium, please contact us at the e-mail address above.
- Include a few words about your piece: how it meets the theme, what inspired you to make it and if you used any special techniques. You can say as much or as little as you like.
- Please include your full name, address, and contact details with your submission.
Terms and Conditions
IN CONSIDERATION OF THE DISCOUNT OFFERED TO ALL ENTRANTS, ALL ENTRANTS AGREE TO THE TERMS OF SAGICOR’S “AGREEMENT FOR ALL MEDIA BUY OUT OF A WORK” A COPY OF WHICH IS AVAILABLE AT www.sagicor.com/MakeaSplash. ALL ENTRANTS MUST REVIEW THE AGREEMENT. ONCE YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT, YOU MUST SIGN THE AGREEMENT AND SUBMIT THE SIGNED AGREEMENT WITH YOUR ENTRY. ANY ENTRY SUBMITTED WITHOUT A SIGNED AGREEMENT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
All submissions will be judged based on 30% Interpretation of theme, 30% Creativity, 20% Originality, 20% Visual Appeal.
- All participants must be a national or have resident status in Barbados
- Contestants must be 16 years or over to enter.
- One entry per category
- All entries must be created by the entrant and not copies of work by other artists.
- Category winners will be chosen by a panel of judges, each possessing diverse training and expertise, ensuring a fair and balanced selection process. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The People's Choice winner will be determined by the artwork with the most likes on Instagram.
- Copyright to the entries will remain with the entrant but the entrant license's Sagicor to use images of their entries online and in print in perpetuity.
- Artist must be a national or have resident status in participating country.
- Artwork cannot portray activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous nor promote any political agenda or message.
- The final artwork will be branded with Sagicor’s name and logo..
Choose from one of our Themes
Despite the current challenges, art has kept persons connected and this theme encourages participants to express that connectivity. “Re-imagine Life” encourages participants to think of a future that they desire and create a work of art that will inspire persons from near or far.
I Am A Change Agent
This theme is designed to increase awareness about how changing our daily activity can make a difference in the fight against climate change. It is also designed to empower the audience to take ownership and leadership in the fight against climate change. Such as, switching off lights, picking up trash, reusing, repurposing & recycling, and upcycling.
This theme seeks to educate, inspire, and mobilize communities to act by purchasing locally produced products or even starting their own backyard farms. This category asks the artist to create an inspirational piece that will increase awareness about food security and the joys of harvesting your own produce.