Important Information for our Pension Clients
At Sagicor the wellbeing of our team, our clients, our communities and our fellow citizens are very important to us, and as such we continue to diligently monitor developments surrounding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak across the globe and right here in the Caribbean. As the leading insurance entity in the Caribbean, our action team has already implemented several measures to ensure that the risk of the Coronavirus is minimised.
We have ramped up our Health & Safety and Business Continuity Plans (BCP) and the following measures are already in place:
- Mobilized our Health & Safety and Business Continuity Plans to ensure our preparedness is aligned with the level of risk to team, clients and our fellow citizens.
- Implemented a multi-level action plan from level 1 to level 4 to ensure readiness for any eventualities; with level 4 being the highest level - “notification of declaration of national emergency and or national shutdown”
- Outfitted our team with the necessary tools to work from home.
- Identified critical operations and plans that include reassigning team members from non-critical functions.
- Confirmed the chain of command and alternates for leaders and critical roles.
- Engaged critical vendors to minimise disruption of our supply chain.
- Readied our internal and external communications plans to provide accurate and timely information to all stakeholders.
We take this opportunity to remind you of the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 - 40 seconds and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We are aware that during this time you may also have questions regarding our continued service to you, rest assured that despite the temporary closure of our offices, the Sagicor Pensions team will continue to provide our usual high level of service via telephone or digital access.
Kindly note the following:
Our Contact Centre remains fully operational from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.; however, we remind you that we can also be reached digitally via our website live chat.
- Belize customers: 1 501-223-3147
Clients are encouraged to make payments online directly to Sagicor’s bank accounts.
PENSION & BENEFIT DISBURSEMENTS
Disbursements will be facilitated via direct credit once the bank account details are provided. We are presently contacting pensioners for whom we do not have banking information, in order to facilitate future payments by direct deposit.
Measures have been put in place to facilitate the submission of scanned Status Change forms with corresponding documents. These documents should be sent to [email protected]. Option letters will be emailed as needed.
Trustees/Administrators are encouraged to submit documents via email to [email protected].
We encourage all clients to submit any official documentation via email to [email protected].
Our internal systems are set up so that most of our correspondence is already received electronically. Please continue to monitor your government news briefings and updates, traditional news agencies and reliable social media outlets for news on the pandemic. We also recommend that you visit the website of agencies such as World Health Organizations (WHO), Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for continuous updates.