Applications are invited for the position of Claims Adjudicator, Grade 2, in the Individual Life Administration Department of Sagicor Life Inc.
Performs duties to support the adjudication of Individual Life and Group Life, Creditor life & Long Term Disability Claims, Critical Illness Claims, Personal Accident and Disability Claims.
KEY DUTIES AND
- Ensures that all basic information is submitted and all criteria met in relation to all claims and review for adjudication.
- Requests additional information needed to determine benefits/validity of claims.
- Calculates benefits payable for claims where relevant e.g. Personal Accident Claims.
- Assesses medical information.
- Investigates and responds to claim queries when necessary.
- Sends Claims documentation, with recommendations, to Reinsurance Companies.
- Requests claim settlement cheques from Reinsurance Companies and follows up to ensure receipt.
- Prepares discharge receipts and sends to Group Department for issuance of settlement cheques.
- Drafts and prepares correspondence.
- Explains claim denials, payments and contract provisions to marketers, clients and health care providers through correspondence and telecommunications.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc.) or equivalent degree in a related discipline. Completion of FLMI or pursuing same would be an asset.
- Two (2) years’ experience in an insurance environment.
- A high level of interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Must be able to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy when dealing with customer queries and requests.
- A high level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Requires close attention to detail.
- Flexibility and dependability in a dynamic work environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills along with excellent administrative and organizational skills.
Interested and qualified persons are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com by Friday, June 23, 2017.