Applications are invited for the position of Accountant, Grade 4, in the Finance Department of Sagicor Financial Corporation Limited (SFCL).
COUNTRY/SAGICOR ENTITY: SAGICOR FINANCIAL CORPORATION LIMITED
Prepares the consolidation and financial returns for Sagicor Insurance Group; executes monthly consolidation of SFCL’s accounts; and provides support to the Corporate Accountant - SFCL and the Vice President – Finance, SFCL.
KEY DUTIES AND
- Prepares and records transactions in the General Ledger for the intercompany entries for Sagicor Life Insurance Company (SLIC), Sagicor Life Jamaica (SLJ) and Sagicor General Insurance (SGI) and updates the Intercompany statements for SLIC, SLJ and SGI.
- Assists the Corporate Accountant in the preparation of reporting packages, Hotlink worksheet templates, consolidation worksheets and reports for quarterly financial reporting and annual budget.
- Prepares the monthly consolidation for SFCL.
- Prepares the quarterly consolidation for Sagicor Insurance Group (SIG).
- Reconciles the quarterly consolidation for SIG to SFCL's consolidation.
- Prepares the quarterly financial return for SIG.
- Assists with the audit of SIG‘s annual statutory financial return.
- Reviews monthly Dividend Held and Stale-Dated Cheque report.
- Prepares Attending Physician Statements and amendments.
- Prepares journal entries to the SFCL, Sagicor Finance Limited (SFL) and ESOP General Ledgers.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly reporting packages for Sagicor Finance (2015) Limited (SFD), SFL, ESOP and Mutual Financial Services.
- Prepares annual financial statements for Mutual Financial Services.
- Prepares the quarterly SFCL audit file.
- Prepares the quarterly Standard and Poor’s reports and Capital Model.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- University Degree – Bachelor’s in Accounting or related discipline.
- Must have recognised accounting designation, e.g. ACCA, CPA, CGA.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of post-qualification experience in the accounting field.
- Must be proficient in the use of Excel, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Committed to achieving departmental goals.
- Previous experience within a financial services environment would be an asset.
Interested and qualified persons are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com by Wednesday, August 9, 2017.