DR DODRIDGE D MILLER FCCA, MBA, LLM, LLD (Hon) - Group President and Chief Executive Officer
· Appointed Group President and Chief Executive Officer in 2002, and has been a Director since December 2002.
· Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA), and obtained his MBA from the University of Wales and Manchester Business School.
· Holds an LLM in Corporate and Commercial Law from the University of the West Indies and, in October 2008, he was conferred with an Honorary Doctor of Laws degree by the University of the West Indies.
· More than 30 years’ experience in the banking, insurance and financial services industries.
· Prior to his appointment as Group President and Chief Executive Officer, he held the positions of Treasurer and Executive Vice President – Finance and Investments, Deputy Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer.
· Joined the Group in 1989. He is a Director of Sagicor Life Inc, Sagicor USA, Sagicor Group
· Jamaica Limited, Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited, Sagicor Investments Jamaica Limited and other subsidiaries within the Group.
DR M PATRICIA DOWNES-GRANT CBE, MA, MBA, DBA, LLD (Hon) - Executive Director, Corporate
· Appointed President and Chief Executive Officer of Sagicor Life Inc in 2006, having served as Group Chief Operating Officer since 2002.
· Joined Sagicor in 1991, and held several senior positions, including those of Vice President, Investments and Treasurer and Executive Vice President (Finance and Investments) before being appointed Chief Executive Officer.
· Holds an MBA in Finance, an MA in Economics, a Doctorate in Business Administration (Finance) and an Honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of the West Indies.
· Prior to joining Sagicor, Dr Downes-Grant was a Senior Manager with PricewaterhouseCoopers.
· More than 20 years of experience in insurance, banking and asset management.
· Former Chairman of the Barbados Stock Exchange and Barbados Central Securities Depository, and a Director of several companies within the Sagicor Group and private companies.
RAVI C RAMBARRAN BSc, MSc, FIA - Chief Operating Officer with responsibility for Sagicor Life Inc, Southern Caribbean Operations (Effective January 1, 2018)
· In January 2018 he was appointed Chief Operating Officer with responsibility for Sagicor Life Inc, Southern Caribbean Operation.
· In January 2017 he assumed responsibility for group strategy, mergers and acquisitions, investor relations with rating agencies.
· Appointed President and Chief Executive Officer of Sagicor International in 2007.
· Joined the Group in 1997.
· Awarded an Open Mathematics Scholarship by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago, has a BSc (Hons) in Actuarial Science from City University, London, an MSc in Finance from the University of London, and is a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries.
· More than 20 years of experience, both regionally and internationally, in the pensions, insurance and asset management industries.
· Director of Sagicor USA and Sagicor General.
· Member of the Executive of the Caribbean Actuarial Association and represents the Caribbean on the International Actuarial Association
ANTHONY O CHANDLER CPA, CGA, MBA - Group Chief Financial Controller
· Appointed Group Chief Financial Controller in 2013.
· Member of the Certified General Accountants Association of Canada, and holds an MBA from the University of Manchester.
· Prior to this, he served as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Sagicor Life Inc from 2011.
· Joined Sagicor in 1995 as Financial Accountant, and was transferred to the Group subsidiary, Island Life Insurance Company Ltd in 2000.
· Has over 20 years of experience in the insurance industry.
· In 2003 he joined the management of Life of Jamaica as Head of its Internal Audit function, before returning to Barbados in the position of Vice President, Finance, of Sagicor Life Inc later in the same year.
· In 2006 he was promoted to Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Sagicor Life Inc.
ALTHEA C HAZZARD LLM (Cantab), FCIS, FICA - Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
· Appointed Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of Sagicor Financial Corporation in 2014, having previously served in the positions of Vice President, Legal and Compliance of Sagicor Life Inc and Corporate Secretary of Life of Barbados Limited.
· An Attorney-at-Law, Chartered Secretary and Compliance Professional, Mrs. Hazzard joined the Group in 1997 after an eight-year attachment to a leading corporate law firm in Barbados, specialising in international business.
· Holds a Bachelor of Laws Honors Degree from the University of the West Indies and a Certificate in Legal Education from the Hugh Wooding Law School in Trinidad, and was called to the Bar in Barbados and Trinidad and Tobago in 1989. She obtained her Master of Laws degree from the University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, and also holds international diplomas in Compliance and Anti-money Laundering from the International Compliance Association in the United Kingdom and the Executive Diploma in Management from the Sagicor Cave Hill School of Business and Management.
· Professional member of the International Compliance Association and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators in Canada.
RONALD B. BLITSTEIN BA, MBA - Group Chief Information Officer
· Joined Sagicor Financial Corporation in 2013.
· Holds a BA in Political Science, MBA in Finance from Syracuse University.
· IT professional, with knowledge in all areas of information technology and its application to driving improved business outcomes.
· Previously served as Director, Business Technology and Strategies Practice for a global advisory firm, supporting Fortune 500 clients, national governments and United Nations agencies.
· Held key executive leadership positions at Revlon, Pitney Bowes, BOC Group, and Xerox Corporation.
· Served as a Six Sigma Champion for firms pursuing enterprise operational excellence.
J. ANDREW GALLAGHER FSA, FCIA, CERA - Chief Risk Officer
· Appointed Chief Risk Officer for the Group in 2007.
· Joined Sagicor in 1997 as Resident Actuary.
· Holds a Bachelor of Mathematics degree from the University of Waterloo.
· Fellow of Canadian Institute of Actuaries, Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a Chartered Enterprises Risk Analyst.
· More than 30 years in the insurance industry.
NARI T PERSAD BSc Biochemistry, BSc Actuarial Science, FSA, FCIA - Group Chief Actuary
· Appointed Group Chief Actuary in August 2017.
· Holds a BSc Specialist in Actuarial Science and Biochemistry from the University of Toronto.
· Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries, Fellow of the Society of Actuaries.
· Affiliate member of the Caribbean Actuarial Association.
· Previously served as Partner – Canadian Life Actuarial Practice Leader with Ernst & Young and Principal of Eckler Ltd.
· More than 25 years in the insurance industry including positions at Crown Life Insurance Company, Canada Life Assurance Company, Toronto Dominion Life Insurance Company, Swiss Re Life and Health and Dion Durrell + Associates.
DONALD S AUSTIN BSc, MBA, FCCA - Chief Executive Officer, Sagicor Life (Eastern Caribbean) lnc
· Appointed Chief Executive Officer, Sagicor Life (Eastern Caribbean) Inc. in 2015.
· Board Member of Sagicor Funds Incorporated and Sagicor Asset Management Inc.
· Former Chairman of the Board of Directors of LIME Grenada and LIME Dominica and Current Board Member of LIME Barbados.
· Holds a Bachelor of Science degree (Honours) in Electronic Engineering from the University of Bristol, a Master of Business Administration from Manchester Business School and he is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
BART F CATMULL BSc, CPA - President and Chief Operating Officer, Sagicor USA Inc
· Appointed President and Chief Operating Officer of Sagicor USA in 2013.
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA), and obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Brigham Young University.
· More than 20 years’ experience in the insurance industry.
· Prior to his appointment as President, he held the positions of Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer and Chief Accounting Officer in the Company.
· Joined the Group in 2005, with the predecessor Company since 1999.
J. EDWARD CLARKE FCCA, CIA - Executive Vice President and General Manager, Barbados
· Appointed Chief Operating Officer, Sagicor Life Inc and General Manager, Barbados in 2010.
· Prior to 2010, he held the position of Group Internal Auditor.
· Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and is a Certified Internal Auditor.
· More than 30 years’ experience in auditing and finance in Barbados, Nigeria and the USA.
· Prior to joining Sagicor, Chief Financial Officer of a major conglomerate in Barbados.
· Director of Sagicor General Insurance Inc, Sagicor Funds Inc, Barbados Farms Limited, Globe Finance, the Insurance Association of the Caribbean and a Vice President of the Barbados Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
KESTON D HOWELL BSc, (Hon), MBA - Executive Vice President and General Manager, Dutch Caribbean & Central America (seconded to Sagicor General Insurance Inc as President & CEO (AG) in October 2017)
· Joined Sagicor in July 2006 as Executive Vice-President - Merchant Banking, responsible for the establishment of Sagicor Merchant Bank and overall Banking Strategy of the Group.
· In 2008, assumed the position of Executive Vice President - Sagicor Asset Management Limited.
· Holds an MBA from the University of London.
· More than 18 years in the insurance and banking industry.
· Assumed executive responsibility for Dutch Caribbean and Central America operations and Sagicor Life Aruba N.V. and has executive oversight of Sagicor Life’s Mortgage Department and Mortgage Recovery Unit.
ROBERT J L TRESTRAIL BA - Executive Vice President and General Manager, Trinidad & Tobago
· Appointed Executive Vice President and General Manager, Trinidad and Tobago in 2007.
· Joined the Group in 2001 as an Assistant Vice President – Administration.
· Holds a BA – Economics from the University of Toronto.
· More than 20 years in the insurance and banking industries.
· Promoted to Vice President – Administration in 2004, and became Executive Vice President and General Manager Designate in 2006.
CHRISTOPHER W ZACCA, CD, BSc, MBA -President and Chief Executive Officer, Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited
· Appointed President and CEO of Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited in May 2017.
· Holds a BSc in Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and an MBA from the University of Florida.
· More than 30 years of experience in public and private sector management, in particular, during the period 1982-2009 where he held various Senior Management positions in the private sector namely:- Vice President, Engineering - Desnoes & Geddes Limited (t/a Red Stripe), Brewers of Red Stripe Beer and Manufacturers of Soft Drinks.
· Managing Director - Caribrake Products Limited, Manufacturers and Distributors of Automotive Parts and Accessories.
· Managing Director - Appliance Traders Limited, Dealers in Air Conditioning, Appliance and Commercial Equipment.
· Chief Executive Officer - Air Jamaica Limited, former National Airline of Jamaica.
· Served as President of the Private Sector Organisation of Jamaica from December 2006 to June 2009 and from June 2012 to December 2014.
· Former Chairman of the Development Bank of Jamaica and the National Health Fund and has also served on numerous State boards, including the Factories Corporation, National Education Trust and JAMPRO.
· Served as special advisor to the Prime Minister of Jamaica from 2009 to 2011.
· In 2014, he was conferred with the National Honour of the Order of Distinction in the rank of Commander (CD) for his invaluable contribution to the private and public sectors in Jamaica.